Construction Administration (CA)
In addition to the typical construction services provided by most builders, contractors, and remodelers JDP offers a focused service during construction which specifically manages the construction contract. This is a consulting service that is performed by a team of specially certified professionals with combined years of experiences that meet the requirements of many types of projects. This is where contract criteria is monitored and controlled best. Our firm does this in depth for our clients’ interests.
Utilizing Certified Construction Contract Administrators (CCCA), Certified Construction Specifiers (CCS) and Construction Documents Technologists (CDT), the firm is poised to assure that the development, administration, and enforcement of construction contract documents meets the quality assurance and quality control requirements expected of the client. There are times when the design drawings and specifications do not get fulfilled in the finished project deliverable for various reasons. It is extremely important for clients to feel that their best interest is always being managed by someone who understands all aspects of the project team. This means that our certified professionals not only look at construction requirements but understand the roles and responsibilities of all architects, engineers, designers, planners, sub-consultants, vendors, and sub-contractors alike. This is a value-added service that is vital to project success during the construction execution of any project. As a service, we essentially manage the varied entity requirements with your chosen design professionals, general contractor or construction manager to ensure they uphold all contract arrangements properly and as planned on your behalf.
We ensure that the bottom line adds up to what is sworn and we make sure that supporting documentation is solidified and verified before our clients make payments on project pay requests. Doing this regularly during the life of construction shows the owner where all planned dollars are spent against actual money allocation. It is very easy for large sums of money to get erroneously allocated to the numerous categories of construction work. Without a keen and dedicated eye watching this activity in both the paperwork and the physical work performed, changes in scope of work or unplanned work can quickly become overwhelming to the untrained administrator. Fulfillment of the signed contract requirements is the key to a satisfied client. Our firm enforces what is required by the contractor team, design team, owner team, and supplier team. We even facilitate and arbitrate issues regarding claims and or payment concerns where conflict resolution is necessary in lieu of litigation.
CONSTRUCTION CONTRACT CAPABILITIES
- Construction Contract Administration and Management (including our proprietary payment application blind-review)
- Bidding and Negotiation
- Contract Execution Planning
- Construction Schedule and Budget Evaluation
- Administration and Management of Contract Documents
- Record Keeping and Reporting
- Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) Consultation
- Overall Project Team and Consultant Contract Management
- Construction Project Management Office (PMO) Services
- Construction Project Manual Monitoring
- Construction Communication Management
- Preconstruction and Construction Meeting Management
- Preconstruction and Construction Submittal Review
- Construction Site Observation (and certified administrator final inspection where contracted)
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC)
- Contract Documents Interpretation
- Contract Modifications Management
- Project-closeout and Post-construction Services
Please give us a call or email to discuss your project needs.